Walking around the Northern Quarter Markers Market, I spot a very cool looking foot stool. I stop and speak to the stall holder, who is called Lee and ask whether they do a City version. The answer was no but we can do!
It turned out the design was by Dave Draws and to cut a long story story, we all ended up calibrating on a City design. I knew what elements I would like to include for the City design, Dave drew it and Lee printed the material and sewed it up!
It was my first collaboration and I learnt a lot from it. I still look at the design today and smile with a reminder of how it all started.
The design was first made into a cushion and at the time a footstool which we took to our first market stalls. I can still remember squashing my girlfriend with it on her knee! We have that stool in our lounge now and it reminds us every day of the good times we’ve had and wear it all started!
The doodle map includes the following elements
- Sheik Mansour in his lamborghini driving down the A6 from the song
- Mario Ballotelli’s wallet giving out money in Moss Side
- Mr Noisy neighbour covering up some team in Salford!
- Maine Road and Kippax Street
- The Etihad
- Some famous fans including Oasis in Burnage
- The 3 rivers of Manchester and seen on the current City crest alongside the ship and rose
- Sister Clubs New York City FC, Melbourne City FC and Yokohama F. Marinos
- Legendary players such as Colin Bell and Paul Dickov
A great design to look through and enjoy each doodle and the story that goes with it.